10 special ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Camberwell
Article posted: January 18, 2021
Whether you love splashing out at a fancy restaurant with your partner or prefer a more low-key day together, there’s no wrong way to celebrate the most romantic day of the year. Being with each other is the only prerequisite for a Valentine’s Day well spent!
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of top ten date ideas that will hopefully inspire you to create wonderful memories with your loved one this Valentine’s Day (February 14).
- Going to the movies is a classic date idea, and there’s a reason that it never goes out of style. Elevate your cinematic experience to the ultimate romantic night out at Rivoli Cinemas, Camberwell’s iconic art deco movie theatre. For a touch of luxury, opt for Gold Class.
- As far as romantic gestures go, you can’t beat a big bouquet of flowers. For the quintessential bunch of red roses, Delicious Roses has you sorted. If you’re after an arrangement that’s more colourful or bespoke, Eufloria and Camberwell Market Florist have plenty of pleasing floral options.
- Take some time out of your busy schedules to spend a relaxing day together at Endota Spa. Their spa packages are the perfect way to unwind and reconnect. If you’re after a similarly calming experience but with a twist, try a float at Elevation Floatation.
- If the outdoors is calling, a cosy camping trip for two may be in order. Pop in to Kathmandu to stock up on camping gear and supplies before setting off on an overnight adventure. Don’t forget to put stargazing on the agenda!
- Nothing says “I love you” like something really sparkly. If it’s a milestone year in the relationship or you simply want to go big (because why not?), visit Stephens & Miller Jewellers, Rutherford Fine Jewellery & Pearls, or Browns Jewellers to peruse their stunning selection of jewellery and watches.
- Delicious food, beautiful wine, ambient lighting, and the atmospheric murmur of other diners are all the hallmarks of a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. You’ll be spoiled for choice with Camberwell’s wide range of restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, such as Italy 1, Fiorelli, The Meat & Wine Co, and more.
- Work up a sweat together – by trying a new form of exercise. Get the endorphins going by cycling at Sprinnt, boxing at 12RND Camberwell, or stretching at Jessica Dewar Yoga. To truly amp up the romance factor, learn to tango or salsa at Dance586 Camberwell.
- If Valentine’s Day is typically a casual affair for you and your partner, an intimate picnic in the park is a great way to celebrate without going all out. Pick up a bottle of wine at Camberwell Cellars, some delectable pastries at Woodfrog Bakery, and any other nibbles or snacks at Camberwell Fresh Food Market, and you’re all set for a beautiful day lounging on the grass.
- We’re going to ignore the fact that chocolate isn’t actually an aphrodisiac and insist that indulging your sweet tooth on February 14 is a must. Share a mug of hot chocolate and slice of cake at Choclatte, nab a table at Laurent Patisserie for desserts galore, or find a special sweet treat at The Chocolate Box.
- Always say yes to cocktails. For a fun Valentine’s night, try bar hopping in Camberwell – East End Wine Bar, Bar None, Young’s Wine Bar, and Nineteenforty are all key stops for an enjoyable tipple or two.
Whatever your plans are for the day, Camberwell shopping precinct is the perfect place to celebrate another year around the sun with your loved one.