Fun ways to treat Mum this Mother’s Day (plus a gift guide)
Article posted: April 13, 2021
Mother’s Day is just around the corner (Sunday, May 9), so it’s time to start planning how best to say “love you, mum”.
Whether you want to find that perfect gift or spend some special time with your mum, Camberwell shopping precinct has you covered.
We’ve done some groundwork and collated great ideas to help you prep for the special day.
Make a day of it for Mum
There is no better place than Camberwell precinct to enjoy a day of shopping, eating and entertainment. So, book a date with your mum and plan a day out she’ll remember for a long time.
Why not kick things off at the Camberwell Sunday Rotary Market. You might just unearth a treasure among the expanse of stalls. If you’re both early birds, the market opens at 6.30am but if not, don’t worry, it will be buzzing until 12.30pm.
Refreshed, you can now hit the fashion boutiques – and with so many of them, there are stores to suit all style preferences.
Montebello Emporium is a good Mother’s Day stop, with a range of fashion brands, homewares, and gifts. At Silvermaple Boutique you’ll find everything from casual chic to elegant and classy, or treat Mum to new lingerie from the exquisite range at Dickory Dock, which also offers a personal fitting service.
End your perfect Mother’s Day with a movie at the historic Rivoli Cinemas.
Take Mum out for tea and treats
Mother’s Day is one of celebration, so cakes and sweet treats are definitely in order.
Take your mum out to one of the fabulous Camberwell cafes and patisseries for an indulgent afternoon.
Before you wrap up the day, drop into The Chocolate Box to pick up a final sweet treat for Mum to take home.
Say it with flowers
This Mother’s Day, go with the tradition that never goes out of fashion – giving flowers.
And, of course, indoor plants are back with a bang and make a beautiful alternative to flowers, so ask your Camberwell florist for options including potted flowers and plants.
More gift ideas for Mother’s Day
Whatever your mum’s passions and preferences, you will find a great gift in the Camberwell shopping precinct. Here are some ideas:
- Music, photography, or movie loving mothers are covered at JB Hi-Fi Camberwell, Sight And Sound Galleria and Tivoli Hi-Fi & Home Cinema
- Is your mum a book worm? Check out Dymocks Camberwell for books by new and established authors, as well as bestsellers and classics. For some great pre-loved books, art and history titles, and collector’s editions, head to Sainsburys Books.
- Paper Republic is a delightful emporium of greetings cards, journals, origami paper and stationery, and has curated beautiful gift sets especially for Mother’s Day.
- You can even pop into Camberwell’s newsagents and post offices for cards, little gifts, or even a lotto ticket to add to a card or gift.
- And let’s not forget jewellery. For mums of all ages, there is a wonderful range to choose from at Silkoh, Browns Jewellers, Portobello, and other jewellers that you’ll find in Camberwell.
- If you’re not sure what to get your mum this Mother’s Day, why not get her a gift voucher to spend at her favourite store in Camberwell. For ideas, view our full shop directory here.