What’s New in Camberwell? April 2016
Article posted: April 20, 2016
Autumn is well and truly upon us, with jackets and boots becoming wardrobe staples as the cooler days roll in.
With changing fashion at the forefront of our minds, be sure to enter our Style Junction Lookbook competition for your chance to win a $1000 shopping spree in Camberwell. It’ll be a great way to snap up some new clothes, accessories and beauty products for the autumn/winter season. Entries close on April 30, 2016 so don’t miss your chance to enter.
Mother’s Day 2016
Mother’s Day is also fast approaching and will take place on Sunday, May 8. If you haven’t decided how to spoil mum yet, we’ve got some great experiences to enjoy in Camberwell. Treat mum to a delicious meal at one of our fine restaurants, see a movie at the Rivoli cinemas, enjoy an afternoon tea at a cafe or send mum off for some pamper time at a local beauty salon. There’s plenty to choose from!
We’re also running a Mother’s Day competition to give you the chance to win $500 to spoil your mum. To enter, simply tell us how you would like to treat mum in Camberwell for Mother’s Day.
The winner of our annual Easter Egg Hunt 2016
Congratulations to our Easter Egg Hunt competition winner Keith Graham. He managed to find the Golden Eggs hidden throughout the Camberwell shopping precinct. We hope you enjoy your $200 Camberwell shopping voucher.
Save the date for Dine In Dine Out
Camberwell’s annual food fiesta will return this year. We will hold Dine In Dine Out on Saturday, August 6. Stay tuned for more details.
If you are a school or community group who would like to get involved in the event, please contact Kerry at the Camberwell Centre Association by phoning (03) 9813 4190 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skiin Care Clinic is new to Camberwell and is now open at 1/524 Riversdale Rd. The clinic offers a range of skin care treatments as well as spray tanning, waxing and makeup services. To celebrate their opening, they are offering customers a ‘buy one treatment, get a second treatment free’. It could be a great gift idea for Mother’s Day.
- Children’s toy shop Kidstuff has relocated and is now at 799 Burke Rd.
- Eyewear store Bailey Nelson is new to Camberwell and is located at 562 Burke Rd.
- Canadian geologist Tom Cooper has opened a new food outlet in Camberwell. But it’s no ordinary food outlet – Tom cures and smokes fresh Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon on site. Visit Tom at stall 23 at the Camberwell Fresh Food Market.
- The restaurant formerly known as La Casalinga has closed and a new eatery called The Reserve Cafe is now trading at 259 Camberwell Rd. They serve breakfast and lunch and trade Monday to Saturday from 7am til 4pm.
Until next month!
Kerry Daly – Manager, Camberwell Centre Association.