Camberwell still has it all
Article posted: July 8, 2020
Businesses in Camberwell are still operating, just in different ways.
Now more than ever, we need you to support our local shops at Camberwell Junction, so we can continue to have a thriving shopping precinct.
With many businesses now offering takeaway, pick up, home delivery, and streaming services, Camberwell still has it all.
Shop local during this challenging time
Local businesses are still open in Camberwell, providing services and products your family need as best they can, but they will need your help to ensure they make it through the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Our local traders in the Camberwell shopping precinct are feeling the effects of the COVID-19 crisis, as shoppers stay home and practice social distancing.
Many businesses in Camberwell are family-run, owner operated and franchise businesses that employ local residents, which is why it’s so important to shop local through these tough times.
Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions reinstated in Melbourne
The state government has announced that from 11:59pm on Wednesday, July 8, all 31 metropolitan Melbourne local government areas (LGAs) and Mitchell Shire will have Stage 3 restrictions reinstated for a period of six weeks.
These restrictions include ‘Stay at Home’ orders, hygiene measures, record keeping, as well as density and physical distancing requirements.
Changes to trading for Camberwell businesses
During this lockdown period, there will be some changes to Camberwell-based businesses.
From 11:59pm on Wednesday, July 8:
- Restaurants, cafes and pubs will return to offering takeaway and delivery services only. Food courts will close.
- Beauty and personal care services will close, apart from hairdressers.
- Sporting facilities, including indoor recreation centres and gyms, will close.
- Entertainment and community venues, including cinemas, libraries, galleries, theatres and gaming venues, will close.
- Markets and shopping centres will remain open but are subject to density quotient. Shoppers are only permitted to visit for necessary goods and services.
- Other retail stores can remain open but will be subject to density quotient. Shoppers can only visit these stores for necessary goods and services.
If you’re looking for information about a specific store, including amended opening hours, be sure to find them in our traders directory so you can contact them individually.
Find specials and offers
Many traders in Camberwell shopping precinct are providing exclusive specials and offers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
View the latest offers here.