How to make the most of Easter in Camberwell shopping precinct
Article posted: March 4, 2021
However you like to celebrate Easter, here’s how you can make the most of it in Camberwell shopping precinct.
Whether you are egg rolling, throwing a party, hosting a family get-together, or simply having a solitary choc-fest, Easter long weekend (April 2 – 5) is a fun and tasty time.
Making it enjoyable and delicious is as easy as taking a stroll through Camberwell shopping precinct, where you can pick up all you’ll need for a relaxed egg-stravaganza or a more chic culinary occasion.
However you like to celebrate Easter, here’s how you can make the most of it in Camberwell shopping precinct:
Find fresh food for your Easter feast
Yes, Easter is about all things chocolate, but before we indulge our sugar cravings, we get to savour the joy of a delicious home-cooked meal. And there is no better shopping precinct than Camberwell in which to find the freshest ingredients for your Easter extravaganza.
To make the food shopping as joyful as the cooking and eating, trawl the myriad of stalls at Camberwell Fresh Food Market which has been a bustling hub of trade since the 1930s.
Dried fruit and nuts are a must, so call in at Sweeties Fruit & Nuts, where you can also pick up some lollies for your sweet-loving guests.
The Camberwell Fresh Food Market will also offer a range of Easter activities for you and the family to enjoy. There will be a colouring activity station, free Easter eggs for the kids, a celebrity gardener talk, and a ‘little growers’ workshop for children. Get full details here.
For everything else, Camberwell has a range of other food and grocery stores, including Coltivare, The Source Bulk Foods, and Rainbow Meats & The Chicken Well, as well as the big supermarkets like Coles, Woolworths and Aldi.
Find sweet treats for Easter
Decadent bakes, sugary nibbles, chocolate indulgences, and delicious desserts all scream Easter.
With so many stores in the Camberwell shopping precinct, it’s easy to find everything you need to do Easter your way.
The Chocolate Box has been sweetening lives for more than 60 years with gourmet treats and hampers.
Try chocolate Babka at Woodfrog Bakery or indulge your sweet tooth minus the chocolate with their yeasted fruit buns.
Bakers Delight is also the perfect stop to stock up on hot cross buns, flaky croissants, and sweet iced buns for that perfect treat to enjoy with afternoon tea.
Find great gifts for Easter
If you love to give a little during Easter, here are some great gift ideas:
- Hot cross bun chocolates, anyone? The Chocolate Box has a 220g box of the sugary, spicy delights for $29.95.
- T2 has beautiful gifts from $25 upwards and also offers a range of tea and teaware sets. Look out for their Baxter’s Buns tea – combining cinnamon, orange peel, and juicy currants – for that true Easter flavour.
- Curate your own collection of pastries, savouries, canapés and macarons at Laurent, or a boxful of sweet and savoury treats from Provence.
- Make someone’s Easter bloomin’ lovely with flowers. Camberwell Market Florist offers fresh bouquets and house plants or find a French garden inspired bouquet at Monet de Fleur. There’s also Victoria’s Flower Garden and Cafe, if you fancy grabbing a coffee while looking for a pretty bunch of blooms.
- Don’t forget the little ones in your life. Snap up a Jellycat ‘Bashful Bunny’ at Kidstuff; something retro or classic from Antique Toy World; fill a Wicker Bunny Basket with an assortment of eggs and chocolates at Kmart; or check out Smiggle’s new range of cool bags, cute kids accessories, and stationery.
- Try the beautiful Montebello Emporium for a scented candle, soaps, or fragrance that evoke Easter time feels.
- Spruce up your gift giving with fabulously sweet and funny Easter cards and wonderful wrapping at Paper Republic.
It doesn’t matter how you like to celebrate Easter – you’re sure to find everything from sweet treats to savoury feasting to gorgeous gifts in Camberwell. Simply take your shopping list to Camberwell precinct and make stocking up easy.