Celebrate Easter 2023 in Camberwell Junction
Article posted: March 14, 2023
Whether you want to meet the Easter Bunny, prepare for your Easter feast or find the perfect gift, Camberwell Junction has it all for Easter.
Easter is a magical time of year, full of egg-citement for children and a wonderful opportunity for friends and family to come together.
It’s the much-anticipated long weekend where we can enjoy the thrill of an Easter egg hunt, eat copious amounts of chocolate eggs and hot cross buns – and best of all, take the time to slow down for a few days.
Whether you want to meet the Easter Bunny, prepare for your Easter feast or find the perfect gift, Camberwell Junction has it all.
Here’s how you can make the most of Easter:
Meet the Easter Bunny in Camberwell Junction
The Easter Bunny is coming to Camberwell Junction, so you’d better hop to it if you want to be part of the action.
The Easter Bunny will be joined by his fairy friend, and they’ll handing out free chocolate eggs to those who stop to say hello. We also hear he’s a big fan of a selfie for those who are keen on a snap with the Easter Bunny himself!
Meet the Easter Bunny in Camberwell Junction on the following dates:
- Saturday, April 1: 10am – 1pm (across the Camberwell Junction precinct)
- Sunday, April 2: 10am – 1pm (at Camberwell Sunday Market for the morning, before roaming around Camberwell Junction precinct)
Celebrate with a fresh Easter feast
One of the best things about Easter is that it coincides with the harvest of wonderful new season produce, making it the perfect time to plan an egg-ceptional Easter feast.
Camberwell Fresh Food Market and Coltivare have all the best-quality fruits and vegetables of the season, with much of it locally sourced, so you know you’ll get the freshest ingredients for your meals.
The fish mongers are brimming with catches of the day and the butchers are stocked up with a wide selection of quality meats – pop into Camberwell Market Seafood, Commercial Butchers, and Rainbow Meats & The Chicken Well to get what you need.
Give the sweetest treats for Easter
While Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies are the stars of Easter, let’s not forget about the supporting acts of Easter – the treats that are just as worthy of satisfying a sweet-tooth.
Camberwell Junction bakeries are busy preparing pastries, cakes and other baked goods, all of which make for delicious Easter breakfast options or something sweet for afternoon tea.
If it’s sweet deserts you’re after, head to Laurent Patisserie. You’ll also find French-inspired pastries at Provence Artisan Bakers, traditional hot cross buns at Bakers Delight, and for all your rustic, homemade baked goodies head to Woodfrog Bakery.
Find the perfect Easter gift
If you’re looking to give an Easter gift in addition to the usual chocolate eggs, Camberwell Junction has you sorted. Consider one of these ideas:
- A gourmet hamper or Easter Egg Box from The Chocolate Box. The store also offers Easter-themed iced gingerbread cookies and a premium milk chocolate bunny sprinkled with hundreds and thousands.
- An egg-stra special Easter card from Paper Republic, complete with your own personal message of love.
- An Easter-inspired table centrepiece, linen or homewares from Adairs, Bed Bath N’ Table, Provincial Home Living or Montebello.
- A speciality Easter tea or the Egg Hunt Gift Pack from T2.
- A bouquet of fresh flowers that can take pride of place on your Easter table. Head to Eufloria, Monet de Fleur, Camberwell Market Florist or Victoria’s Flower Garden and Cafe for in-season blooms.
Celebrate Orthodox Easter
When it comes to celebrations like Easter, many families have their own traditions and observances that mark the event and make it special.
This year, Orthodox Easter falls on Sunday, April 16 and Camberwell Junction has all your requirements covered.
Whatever your plans this Easter, you’ll find everything you need at Camberwell Junction – so here’s to a happy Easter!