You’re invited to Camberwell’s Christmas Family Day 2019
Article posted: November 19, 2019
Santa is returning to the Camberwell shopping precinct for our much-loved annual Christmas Family Day on Saturday, December 14.
As a way to thank the community, Camberwell traders are hosting this festive event with free entertainment for all ages and the chance to get involved in the community’s favourite Where’s Rudolph? competition.
It’s also a great opportunity to do your Christmas shopping in the Camberwell shopping precinct, which will be festively decorated to get into the spirit.
Christmas Family Day checklist
Families can enjoy a range of festive activities at the Christmas Family Day on Saturday, December 14 from 11am – 3pm:
- Take a ride in an antique fire truck with Santa
- Get some festive snaps at the Christmas photo wall (located outside the Camberwell Fresh Food Market)
- Enjoy live musicians and entertainers roaming the precinct
- Get your face painted as your favourite festive character
- Ask for a wonderful balloon creation made by a balloon modeller
- Discover Rudolph and Santa’s other reindeer throughout Camberwell and enter our Where’s Rudolph? competition.
- Decorate Christmas cookies in Camberwell Place shopping centre (formerly The Well)
- Meet the gingerbread man in Camberwell Fresh Food Market
- Take a FREE Santa selfie with your pet at Camberwell Fresh Food Market (11am – 1pm). Get a free lamb treat from Bugsy’s with every photo.
For Christmas Family Day information and updates, you can find the Facebook event here.
Enter our Where’s Rudolph? competition and win
Camberwell’s favourite Christmas competition, Where’s Rudolph?, is back again this year with the chance to win a $500 shopping voucher.
All you have to do to go into the draw is find a hidden Rudolph, featured on posters on shop windows, across the Camberwell shopping precinct.
Look for Rudolph and all of Santa’s reindeer featured on posters on shop windows along Burke Rd and around Camberwell Junction.
Once you’ve found the reindeer, tell us the name of the shop and you can enter as many times as you like, but only each unique reindeer you find will count as an entry.
Great reasons to shop local this Christmas
Take the hassle out of your Christmas shopping this year and head to Camberwell shopping precinct, with more than 400 businesses in one open-air location.
Buying your Christmas gifts and food locally is a fantastic way to support family-run and independent businesses that help make Camberwell the great place that it is.
Camberwell offers plenty of parking too, so you can avoid the endless search for car parks at over-crowded shopping malls.
If you’re looking for something special, Camberwell is home to many boutiques and family-run businesses where you can find unique items, in addition to your favourite brands which are also in the area.
Shopping local in Camberwell this Christmas is not only a timesaver, it’s a great way to support your local community.