Fun ways to spoil Dad for Father’s Day in Camberwell Junction (plus a gift guide)
Article posted: August 14, 2023
Father’s Day is that one day of the year when we honour our dads and thank them for everything they have done, and continue to do, for us.
For many of us, one day seems hardly enough, so we look for an activity and a gift that will say all the things there simply aren’t the words to say. That’s quite some task!
Relax, Camberwell Junction has you covered, with our guide to fun things to do with Dad this Father’s Day – plus some gift ideas you’ve probably never considered.
Brunch fit for a king
We know that Dad loves a good mid-morning feed and coffee that hits the spot – but this Father’s Day, make brunch that little bit more special at one of Camberwell Junction’s best cafes.
For a brunch that is sure to please, head to My Other Brother (MOB). With dishes like chilli scrambled eggs, smashed avo, sweet waffles, and fried chicken benedict, you can’t go wrong. It’s all complemented by good coffee, of course.
There’s a rumour going around that Rumour Has It is a rather good brunch spot. Opt for the French toast, soft omelette, or classic toasted sandwiches served with shoestring fries. You can even make it a boozy brunch – just ask for the drinks menu.
If Dad is a health nut, Soul Sisters is the place to go. A superfood plant-based cafe, it has a menu that caters for vegan and vegetarian diets, including tasty smoothies, juices, acai bowls, raw treats, pancakes, and waffles.
For the foodie Dad, this Father’s Day you can’t go past Infuse, which offers modern Australian and Asian fusion cuisine with locally sourced ingredients, or Dale La Pau, a family business that specialises in Indonesian Minang cuisine and street food.
Create an exceptional experience
If Dad is more into collecting memories than objects, Camberwell Junction has a wide range of experiences Dad will love – and you can do them together!
A Father’s Day massage or treatment at Endota will give Dad the gift of relaxation and help him release his every day cares and stresses.
The best Father’s Day gift is often time spent with you, kicking back and having fun, and there’s no better place to do it than Players Snooker & Pool. Open since 1922, it’s one of Melbourne’s oldest snooker and pool rooms and has a fully licensed bar.
Looking for something low-key yet that little bit special? Watching a movie at the gorgeous Rivoli Cinemas isn’t just a night at the movies, it’s an outing where you can immerse yourselves in the cinematic experience in the plush, beautifully appointed theatres – the perfect place to revisit a much-loved classic or catch the latest blockbuster.
How about a wine consultation at PS Wine Selections? The ‘PS’ stands for Pierre Stock – a renowned sommelier and Melbourne identity. Over snacks, Pierre will help Dad choose the best wine to his taste and budget, or help him start or curate his very own wine collection.
Perhaps Dad has a creative side just waiting to be explored? At Frida’s Sip n’ Paint, he’ll get the chance to paint his own masterpiece while enjoying a relaxed social outing – and a drop of wine. Classes are conducted by a trained art teacher and at the end of the session, Dad will leave with his very own masterpiece.
Share a drink
Father’s Day bar hopping in Camberwell Junction is a journey to some hidden gems of the precinct, each with their own unique story and vibe – and is the perfect way to spend Father’s Day with Dad.
La Cabra is a great place for margaritas; Nineteenforty is the Rivoli’s rooftop bar, which has expansive views of Camberwell Junction and a sophisticated yet retro atmosphere; and Fiorelli is a local institution, with a relaxed and friendly environment and a cocktail list with just the right amount of fanciness.
Father’s Day gift guide
- Every dad should own at least one exceptional quality leather notebook, and you can be the one to get it for him from Paper Republic.
- If his ‘dad jumper’ is becoming the butt of family jokes, it’s time to up Dad’s style game and create a whole new look from one of Camberwell Junction’s menswear stores.
- Books will always be the perfect gift simply because there will always be one to suit Dad’s particular interest. This Father’s Day, find the perfect page-turner at Dymocks.
- Maybe he’s a camping and outdoorsy dad, in which case accessories and clothes from Kathmandu will hit the spot.
- If Dad is into cycling or considering getting into the saddle, head down to Cycles Galleria or Bike Gallery for some new cycling gear or equipment or to pick out a whole new set of wheels.
- Choose from a range of whiskey glasses, wine decanters, cocktail kits, paella pans and more at Wheel & Barrow.
- Let Dad choose his own Father’s Day gift. Most Camberwell Junction stores offer gift cards, making choosing easier for you and ensuring Dad gets exactly what he wants.
Camberwell Junction is a wonderful place to make memories with Dad this Father’s Day, and the variety of stores mean you’re sure to find the perfect gift that says exactly what Dad wants to hear: “we love you, Dad”.