3 ways to spend Father’s Day 2017 in Camberwell
Article posted: August 24, 2017
EVENT ENDED: This article is for a past event.
He may say he doesn’t want anything; he may say a phone call is fine – but if this is your Dad, tell him he’s missing the point.
Father’s Day is as much about you as it is about him.
It’s about you having the chance to thank Dad for standing in the cold cheering at all your Saturday morning sports events; for all those books read at bedtime; for all those times he’s dried your tears.
It’s about you showing appreciation for something it’s impossible to put into words – what he means to you.
So, show your love and appreciation for Dad this Father’s Day with a simple yet meaningful gesture.
Here are three great ways to say “Happy Father’s Day” in Camberwell:
1. Treat him to an experience
There are only so many World’s Best Dad mugs a father can handle, so instead why not give him an outing he will never forget?
Camberwell shopping precinct has an experience to suit every dad.
If he enjoys rummaging for a rare find or bargain then head for the Camberwell Rotary Sunday Market.
If he is more of a pedal to the metal kind of guy, challenge him to a slot car race at Race Party (and let him win).
Or if chilling out is more Dad’s thing, take in a movie at the historic Rivoli Cinemas. There are heaps of man-flicks on at the moment, like Dunkirk and American Made. Let him choose the movie and if you’re feeling particularly generous, throw in some popcorn and Fantales.
2. Feed him
You know the age-old proverb ‘the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’? Do just that. Give Dad a break from cooking and take him out for a meal he’ll enjoy.
If lunch or dinner is more Dad’s speed, check out the warm, inviting vibe of Georges or The Meat and Wine Co, the amazing pasta at Sauced, or enjoy the relaxed charm of Boss Pizzeria or Cafe Paradiso.
3. Take him shopping
Take the hassle out of choosing Dad a gift – take him shopping and get him to select his own!
But for a gift he will treasure forever, you’ll want to experience the range of Italian leather journals or distinctive print artwork from Paper Republic.
Looking for more gift ideas?
If you want to treat Dad to something a little different this Father’s Day, try one of these gifts:
- Accessories are for dads too – find a fancy hat at Head to Toe or a smart tie at Cavalier Menswear. See our full list menswear stores here
- Give Dad the full grooming treatment and book him in for a hot towel head shave, beard trim or hair cut at one of Camberwell’s barbers. Choose from Barbers on Burke, Camberwell Barber Shop and Hair Hut Barber Shop
- If Dad has a sweet tooth, take him to The Chocolate Box to pick out some of his favourite chocolates or treat him to a coffee and fine chocolates at Choclatte
- Is Dad a foodie? Treat him to a meal at one of Camberwell’s cafes or restaurants – there are loads to choose from
- For new gym clothing or outdoor gear pop into 2XU or Kathmandu, or for bike equipment there’s Bike Gallery and Cycles Galleria
- Will Dad enjoy some pamper time? Treat him to a massage at Endota Spa or opt for a floatation session at Elevation Floatation and Yoga.
With more than 400 stores, it’s easy to find the right gift for your dad in Camberwell. View our full list of stores here. At Camberwell shopping precinct, we’ve got it all!